In one hour you will learn how to:
- Use Procreate (one of the best illustration apps out there), and
- Create effective illustrations that grab your readers' attention.
"When my daughter was about seven years old, she asked me one day what I did at work. I told her I worked at the college - that my job was to teach people how to draw. She stared at me, incredulous, and said, 'You mean they forget?'" — Howard Ikemoto
I love this quote. There is a creator inside all of us. We just haven't used our creative skills in a long time.
This series will help you reconnect with your inner illustrator and help you create visuals for your essays.
Who is this for?
Anyone who would like to add illustrations to their work. Primarily for writers who want to create sketches that will complement their essays and books. But also for people who want to add illustrations to their next big pitch deck.
Humans are visual creatures.
Half of our brains are directly or indirectly devoted to processing visual information.
Given how well we process graphical content, adding visual aids to your writing can be incredibly powerful.
For your readers, the sketches help your ideas land immediately. Adding an illustration can help your readers understand your key point in a couple of milliseconds.
For you as the writer, visuals can increase your luck surface area, distil your thinking and create an instantly recognizable brand for you.
The best part is you can learn the basics of visualization within an hour!
I've created a two-part series to help you illustrate your best ideas.
In part 1, we look at:
- The benefits of adding visuals to your essays
- My favourite technique to create effective images: the A/B method
This part includes a 16-minute video, slide deck and a Notion dashboard with images to kickstart your drawing journey.
In part 2:
- I take you through the 10 key things you need to know about Procreate
- We create an image together using Procreate's key features
This part includes a 48-minute video demo and additional slides.
What do you need?
To get the most value from the course (especially part 2), you need the following things:
- iPad (the Procreate app works best on an iPad, but you can also download the iPhone app)
- Magic Pencil (to create your sketches)
- Procreate app ($10 once-off fee for one of the best illustration apps out there)
If you're not 100% satisfied with the purchase, or it's not what you were expecting, just reply to the download email within 30 days, and you'll get a full refund. No questions asked.
Any other questions?
Reply to the download email or send me a DM on Twitter @john__nic. I'd be happy to help.